- Wideband coverage (0.005-3335.000 MHz)
- FM, WFM, AM, USB, LSB, CW, FSK and P25(*1) modes available
- 1220 Memory channels (USB import / export of configuration & recordings)
- Multi function spectrum scope (4 modes & peak search)
- 7-inch multi-function LCD display
- Dual DSP (Digital Signal Processing) for receiver & spectrum scope functions
- Multiple RSSI (Signal Indication) meters (S-meter, dBµ, dBµ[emf] & dBm)
- Multiple (5) roofing filters providing improved selectivity
- Digital voice recorder & voice synthesizer built in
- High frequency stability (±0.05ppm) OCXO (Oven Control Crystal Oscillator) in use
- Reference frequency Input/Output terminal (10MHz / 10dBm)
- CI-V remote control interface(*2)
(*2) CI-V Level Converter (CT-17) for remote receiver control using a PC with an RS-232C
(*1) P25 Digital Unit (UT122) provide digital mode reception
External Speaker (SP20)
Professional communications receiver with high performance spectrum scope
The IC-R9500 covers 0.005–3335MHz*1 in SSB, AM, FM, WFM, CW, FSK and P25*2modes. It is suitable for a wide variety of radio monitoring and listening activities.
*1 Frequency range differs depending on version.
*2 Optional UT-122 digital unit is required.
Superb receiver performance
The IC-R9500 achieves its amazing performance by using a D-MOS FET array in the 1st mixer (below 30MHz) and an excellent IMD roofing filter. The IC-R9500 has +40dBm IP3 and 109dB dynamic range at 14.1MHz. IP3 performance is +9.8dBm at 50MHz and +6.2dBm at 620MHz (+5dBm (typical) from 30MHz to 3335MHz).
Five roofing filters
The IC-R9500 has 5 independent roofing filters (240, 50, 15, 6 and 3kHz) for improved selectivity. In very crowded RF spectrum conditions, it is extremely important to prevent overload and from strong signals. The 3kHz roofing filter provides a 130dB (approx.)* blocking dynamic range.
* At 15MHz reception, with 5kHz separation signals.
±0.05ppm high frequency stability
The IC-R9500 uses an OCXO (Oven Control Crystal Oscillator) unit which provides ±0.05ppm frequency stability from 0°C to 50°C. The 10MHz reference frequency can either be supplied to or input from external equipment.
Multi function spectrum scope
Using a dedicated DSP unit improves the dynamic range of the spectrum scope. The IC-R9500 has four different display modes such as normal/wide and center/fixed width. The spectrum scope normally covers a range from ±2.5kHz to ±5MHz, while the wide band spectrum scope* observes up to ±500MHz (±10MHz, ±25MHz, ±50MHz, ±100MHz ±250MHz and ±500MHz selectable). When using the normal spectrum scope mode, the digital scope’s filter width can vary from 200Hz to 20kHz with a variable sweep speed.
The peak search function automatically moves the display marker to the strongest signal on the scope screen. In addition to these features, the scope has 3 levels of attenuation (10dB, 20dB, 30dB).
* While using the wide band scope function, AF output is muted.
7-inch wide color TFT LCD
The large 7-inch wide (800 × 480 pixels) active matrix display delivers quick response time, high resolution and has a wide viewing angle. The multi-function spectrum scope is displayed in vivid color. The background color is selectable from black or blue for your preference. In addition, the IC-R9500 has a VGA connector allowing you to connect an external monitor.
S-meter, dBμ , dBμ (emf) and dBm meter types are selectable in the IC-R9500. The dBμ , dBμ (emf) and dBm meter have ±3dB of accuracy*.
(* 10 to 70dBμ signal from 100kHz to 3335MHz at 25°C)
Digital voice recorder
The IC-R9500 has two types of digital voice recorders. One is the regular recorder, recording for long periods in “WAV” format to the built-in CF memory or an external USB memory. The sampling rate is variable from 8kHz (SQ1) to 48kHz (SHQ). In SQ1 mode, up to 130 minutes (approx.) of recorded audio can be stored into the CF memory. The other recorder is the short voice recorder that saves the previous 15 seconds of radio audio into RAM, allowing you to play back the audio instantly.
The IC-R9500 incorporates two independent, 32-bit floating point DSP units, a dedicated DSP unit for receiver functions and another for the spectrum scope. By using the power of two independent DSP units, the radio can respond to operator changes in an instant.
[Receive assist functions]
- Digital IF filter
- Digital twin PBT
- Noise blanker
- Noise reduction
- Notch filter
- Synchronous AM detection
- FSK demodulator and decoder
- 10 VFOs
- 1220 memory channels
- Multiple-scan functions
- Voice synthesizer
- USB connector
- SSB/CW/AM mode auto tuning function
- AFC function compensates for frequency shifts (FM/WFM mode only)
- CW-R (reverse) mode
- Preamp and attenuator
- 1/4 tuning step function and dial click function
- APF (Audio Peak Filter)
- AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
- VSC (Voice Squelch Control)
- Input overload protection (HF bands only)
- Optional P25 digital mode reception
- Optional CI-V interface and RS-232C for PC remote control
- Analog TV tuner (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)*1
- 4 antenna connectors: an SO-239 type, a phono (RCA) connector and two type-N connectors
- S/P DIF output jack
- Video input/output
- Clock function with daily timer and sleep timer
- CTCSS and DTCS tone squelch
- Simplified frequency calibration using WWV or WWVH