- Built in GPS receiver simplifies installation
- Active noise cancelling for maximum clarity
- Icom mariner family user interface & NEW white backlit LCD & keypad
- 10W Loud audio, public address and foghorn
- Optional COMMANDMIC HM-195GB for second station/intercom
- Built in Class D DSC (meets ITU-R M493-13)
- IPX7 Waterproof protection (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Common NMEA interface for GPS/NAV connection
- MarineCommander and MA-500TR compatible
- AquaQuake Function
Active Noise Cancelling Technology & Built-in GPS for Simple Installation
Intuitive User Interface and White Backlit LCD and Keypad
Incorporating Icom's common Marine Family User Interface designed for simple, intuitive operation. A rotary selector and directional keypad provide quick and easy access to the intended functions. The high contrast white backlit LCD and laser-cut keypad match well with modern boat designs.
Active Noise Cancelling
The built-in active noise cancelling provides superb performance. It reduces background noise up to 90% in the received signal and 30% in the transmits signal.
10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn
The IC-M423G has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output to an external PA speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, the foghorn can also be emitted from the external PA speaker.
Built-in Class D DSC
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
Built-in GPS Receiver
The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position, date/time and can be used for DSC calls. The GPS data source is selectable from internal and external GPS.
Optional White Backlit COMMANDMIC™ HM-195GB/GW
The optional white backlit COMMANDMIC makes it convenient for using the IC-M423G from a separate cabin or tower. All functions of the IC-M423G can be controlled from the COMMANDMIC and can be used as an intercom with the IC-M423G.
AIS Target Call with MA-500TR
When connected to the optional MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, the AIS target call function allows you to make an individual DSC call without having to manually input an MMSI number.
- Simple remote control speaker-microphone, HM-205B/SW
- NMEA 0183 connectivity
- MarineCommander™ compatible
- AquaQuake™ draining function
- IPX7 waterproof protection (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
- Priority and normal scan
- Black and super white versions available.
COMMANDMIC, MarineCommander and AQUAQUAKE are trademarks of Icom Inc. (Japan). All other trademarks are the properties of their respective holders.