- Waterproof/Submersible (IPX7) (1m depth, 30min.)
- NEW “Clear Voice” Automatic Volume adjustment that reacts to background noise
- NEW “Voice Boost” button for instant Maximum Audio
- NEW Noise canceling microphone for better audio
- Large backlit LCD display
- Instant access to CH16 / User call Channel
- Normal, Priority “TAG” scanning
- “Fav” channel button
- BP252 Li-Ion Battery supplied (7.2V / 980mAh)
- 55 Marine Channels
- Optional BP251 AAA Battery Case
- Optional Waterproof Speaker Microphone
"Clear Voice Boost", Floating Radio
Clear voice boost (Clear voice + Voice boost)
In marine environments there are many sources of noise that can affect the quality of your communication, such as engine noise, roar of waves and more. The IC-M35 constantly transmits clear voice and provides boosted audio even in those circumstances and ensures your conversation is sent and received as clearly as possible no matter how noisy the background is!
And yes, it floats too!
Continuing the legacy from the IC-M35 floats for you to be able to retrieve it if you should ever lose it overboard. The IC-M35 floats even when the optional speaker microphone, HM-165 is attached.
When you need an instant “boost” in the volume, a simple push of the “LOUD” button gives you full volume immediately. In addition, holding the “LOUD” button mutes the audio output.
Noise cancelling microphone
The sub-microphone on the rear panel inverts phase and cancels out ambient noise from the main microphone. As a result, the IC-M35 reduces the affect of background noise (particularly trebly noise) from the transmitted signal and makes it easier to catch voice communication.
Automatic volume adjustment
When in an engine room or high noise environment, the sub-microphone detects the ambient noise and the IC-M35 automatically increases the volume output to suit the surrounding environment.
Low power consumption
Although the IC-M35 delivers a high 6W*1 RF output and 700mW audio output, its current saving circuit offers a practical 8 hours*2 of operating time with the supplied 980mAh Lithium-Ion battery pack.
*1 Depending on version.
*2 Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90
Large buttons and slim dimensions
Thanks to the large, easy-to-operate buttons, the IC-M35 provides intuitive operation. A pinched-waist slender body makes it easy to hold and carry the radio, and is surprisingly compact for a floating radio.
- Waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Dual/Tri-watch functions
- 4-step battery life indicator
- Auto scan function
- Instant access to Ch 16 or programmable call channel