Next Generation Icom Air Band Radio with Built-in GPS and Bluetooth®
- 6 Watts High RF Output Power
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- 2.3 inch Large High Visibility LCD
- "Flip-Flop" Channel Recall
- Built-in Bluetooth® for Hands-Free Operation (for IC-A25NE)
- Intelligent Battery with Detailed Battery Status
- VOR Navigation Functions (for IC-A25NE)
- Near Station Search Function (for IC-A25NE)
- Built-in GPS Receiver with Simplified Waypoint NAV (for IC-A25NE)
- Flight Plans with Android™ /iOS™ App (for IC-A25NE)
- BP-288 battery pack
- BP-289 battery case
- BC-224 rapid charger
- BC-123SE/SV AC adapter for BC-224
- OPC-2379 headset adapter
- FA-B02AR antenna
- MB-133 belt clip
- Hand strap
**PLEASE NOTE: THE IC-A25NE IS APPROVED FOR AIR USE IN SMALL LIGHT AIRCRAFT, MICRO LIGHTS & HELICOPTERS. ADDITIONALLY, THE IC-A25NE IS APPROVED FOR GROUND USE**
6 Watts High RF Output Power
For expanded communication coverage, output power has been increased to approximately 6 W typical (PEP)/ 1.8 W typical (carrier) compared to the IC-A24E (5/1.5 W PEP/carrier).
* Photo is of the IC-A25NE.
Often used functions are assigned to the keypad and you can directly access a desired function. The enlarged flat sheet keypad offers smooth and swift operation.
2.3 inch Large High Visibility LCD
|Night mode screen||Menu screen|
The 2.3 inch large, high contrast and high visible LCD displays user-friendly, graphic screens and ensures good readability under direct sunlight. The operating frequency in large characters can be recognized at a glance. In addition, the night mode option enables easy viewing in low light conditions.
"Flip-Flop" Channel Recall
|Recall channel screen|
The IC-A25NE/CE stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by using the directional keys, the channel knoband the 10 keypad. This is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels. In addition, you can freely edit (replace, delete, change order) the stored recall channels.
Built-in Bluetooth® for Hands-Free Operation
A third-party wireless Bluetooth® headset, like a 3M™ Peltor™ WS™ 5*, provides convenient hands-free operation. Also, by using the optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset, the side tone function can be used.
* Compatibility not guaranteed.
Intelligent Battery with Detailed Battery Status
|Detailed battery information screen|
The supplied BP-288, 2350 mAh typical intelligent battery pack, provides up to 10.5 hours* of operating time. You can check the condition of the battery pack in the battery status screen. It is very useful for optimum charging and battery health maintenance.
* Typical operation with Tx: Rx (Max.audio): standby=5:5:90. (Bluetooth OFF, GPS ON)
- IP57 dust-protection and waterproof construction
- Operate with six AA size alkaline batteries with the BP-289 battery case
- BNC antenna
- 121.5 MHz emergency key
- Priority watch
- VFO scan, memory channel scan, priority scan
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Side tone function enables you to hear your own voice from an external aviation headset
- Internal VOX capability
- 300 memory channels (in 15 memory groups) with 12 character names
- 8.33 kHz channel spacing
VOR Navigation Functions
The CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) is detailed like a real VOR instrument, and displays any deviation from your course.
The OBS (Omni Bearing Selector) enables you to change course from the original flight plan.
The TO-FROM indicator shows the position relationship between your aircraft and the course selected by the OBS.
The ABSS (Automatic Bearing Set System) function enables you to set the current course as a new course in two simple steps.
Near Station Search Function
|Near station search|
function screenThe near station search function assists you in accessing nearby ground stations. The function searches for nearby stations using the station memories that have GPS position information. To use the near station search function, position data and frequencies of the ground stations must be programmed.
Built-in GPS Receiver with Simplified Waypoint NAV
|Waypoint NAV screen|
The simplified waypoint NAV guides you to a destination by using current position information from GPS (also GLONASS and SBAS). The waypoint NAV has two functions: Direct-To NAV and Flight Plan NAV. Up to 10 flight plans and 300 waypoints can be memorized in the IC-A25NE.
Flight Plans with Android™ /iOS™ App
|RS-AERO1I map screen example|
|©2017 Google-Map data
Using the RS-AERO1A (Android) or RS-AERO1I (iOS) application, you can make flight plans on an Android/iOS device and import the plan into the IC-A25NE via Bluetooth. The following four functions are available: Create a flight plan, set Direct-To NAV, display flight plan information and display waypoint information.
* Additional certification may be required for some countries. Enquire with your local authority for details.