Icom Incorporated is proud of the technology and the quality of workmanship of its products. RWB Communications, the authorised Icom Distributor, warrants this Icom product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for the application periods indicated below:
Land mobile and amateur radios have a five (5) year warranty, providing that the radio is registered with RWB Communications Limited within 90 days of purchase from a New Zealand authorised dealer. Any land mobile or amateur radio that is not registered within 90 days will still qualify for the standard Icom 2 year warranty.
Marine, Aviation and Communication Receivers have a two (2) year warranty from the date of purchase, (excluding accessories), from a New Zealand authorised dealer.
Accessories i.e. battery, antenna, battery chargers etc - Six (6) months from the date of purchase, from a New Zealand authorised dealer.
Icom will, at its discretion, and subject to the terms and conditions stated below, repair or replace any goods or component part thereof which its examination shall disclose to be defective. Unless otherwise expressly provided, any fault arising from defective workmanship or material shall be reflected by Icom where the equipment is returned freight paid to RWB Communications at 39C Rennie Drive Airport Oaks Auckland 2022.
This warranty shall not apply:
- To an Icom product which has failed to function as required due to improper installation, misuse, accident, alteration or unauthorised repair or modification.
- If any serial number or identification plate attached to the goods has been altered, rendered illegible, or removed.
- If the goods have been damaged by corrosion; OR deterioration OR the like contributed to abnormal temperatures; OR the influence of foreign matter; OR use of incorrect energy; OR by the physical or chemical properties of water, steam or chemical compounds.
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all implied warranties, other rights and remedies in respect of the product which the consumer has under the Consumer Guarantee Act 1993.
WARRANTY SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS:
- If the equipment does not appear to be functioning correctly, please send it to RWB Communications, preferably in the original carton, without accessories, prepaid and include a brief explanation of the difficulty you have experienced.
- Include accessories only if your specific situation indicates an accessory related difficulty exists, otherwise, even though we take the utmost care, RWB Communications shall assume no liability for the loss or safe return of an accessory item. It is important to itemise these accessories on the note of explanation.
- If the requested repairs or services are within the terms of the warranty, your equipment will be returned after repair, prepaid, to any designated point within New Zealand. The freight carrier is at the option of RWB Communications.
- If the requested repairs or service are not within the terms of the warranty or if you fail to provide acceptable evidence of the date of purchase, you will be contacted with a quote to repair your equipment. Return freight will be charged in this instance.
- All equipment returned under warranty must be freight prepaid. Freight collect packages will not be accepted.