- Waterproof, not just water resistant (JIS 7)
- Rugged (Survival Craft Specifications)
- GMDSS/IMO approved for survival craft
- Meets MED 96/98/EC Wheel mark requirements
- Pre-programmed GMDSS Marine channels
- Large keypad with positive button action
- Wide viewing angle LCD display
- OPTIONS: Waterproof speaker Mic, non-rechargeable Lithium Battery & Belt Clip
GMDSS Portable For Survival Craft
Meets strict environmental requirements for GMDSS
The IC-GM1600 meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements. After passing those environmental tests, the IC-GM1600 retains 1m depth waterproof construction as specified by IMO resolution MSC.149(77) and other related regulations.
Superior low temperature characteristic Lithium battery pack
For survival craft use, the optional BP-234 (non-rechargeable) 3300mAh lithium battery pack provides more than 8 hours* of operating time even at –20°C.
Large keypad with positive button action
Large buttons and knobs provide tactile feedback for positive operation.
Wide viewing angle LCD display
A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD offers extra clear, easy to read characters. The bright LED indicator on the top of the panel shows the operating condition clearly.
Easy to operate even for unskilled operators
Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel. All operations can be made with one hand.
- One touch access to Channel 16 and call channel
- Highly visible yellow colored body
- Optional VOX headset for on-board use
- Optional waterproof speaker microphone, HM-125