Services & Warranty
RWB Communication'ss Service Department provides repair and maintenance for all Icom products. Replacement parts, service and instruction manuals can also be ordered through RWB Communications. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +64 9 274 4062 (outside Auckland: free phone 0800 744 062)
Should you have purchased your Icom radio without a warranty, we can still provide a quote to repair your equipment. Please email us - email@example.com or call us on +64 9 274 4062 (outside Auckland: free phone 0800 744 062)
'Back to Base' Warranty
Any product purchased from an RWB Communications authorised dealer comes with a 'Back to Base' Warranty which will provide you with a full back-up service in New Zealand and enable you to return your Icom radio for repairs, free of charge.
Please complete the online inspection form by clicking the following link:
ICOM LIMITED WARRANTY
RWB Communications, the authorised Icom Distributor, warrants Icom products within New Zealand to be free from defects in material or workmanship for the applicable period indicated below:
All radios two (2) years from the date of purchase, (excluding accessories), from a New Zealand authorised Icom NZ Dealer.
All land mobile and amateur radios have a five (5) year warranty, providing that the radio is registered with RWB Communications within 90 days of purchase. Any land mobile or amateur radio that is not registered for the 5 year warranty within 90 days will still qualify for the Icom standard 2 year warranty.
Six (6) months from the date of purchase, from a New Zealand authorised Icom Dealer. (i.e. battery, antenna, battery chargers etc)
Unless otherwise expressly provided, any fault arising from defective workmanship or material shall be rectified by Icom where the equipment is returned freight prepaid to RWB Communications.
This warranty shall not apply:
- To an Icom product which has failed due to improper installation, misuse, accident, alteration or unauthorised repair or modification.
- If any serial number or identification plate attached to the goods has been altered, rendered illegible, or removed.
- If the goods have been damaged by corrosion, deterioration or the like contributed to abnormal temperatures; the influence of foreign matter or energy or physical or chemical properties of water, steam or chemical compounds.
- To any Icom product not originally supplied by RWB Communications to an authorized Dealer of RWB Communications.
Please check with us if you feel an Icom product is being offered for sale that has been sourced from anywhere other than RWB Communications.
Warranty Service Instructions:
- If you are experiencing difficulty with your Icom equipment return it to RWB Communications, preferably in the original carton, without accessories and include a brief explanation of the difficulty you are experiencing. Although we take the utmost care RWB Communications shall assume no liability for the loss or safe return of an accessory item.
- Include accessories only if your specific situation indicates an accessory related difficulty exists. It is important to itemise these accessories on the note of explanation.
- If the requested repairs or service are within the terms of the warranty, your equipment will be repaired and returned prepaid to any designated point within New Zealand. The freight carrier is at the option of RWB Communications
- If the requested repairs or service are not within the terms of warranty or if you fail to provide acceptable evidence of the date of purchase you will be contacted with a quote to repair your equipment. Return freight will be charged in this instance.
- All equipment returned under warranty must be freight prepaid. Freight collect packages will not be accepted.
PARALLEL IMPORTED GOODS
Radios supplied by RWB Communications have been typed approved for use in New Zealand. There are unfortunately non RWB Communications approved sellers representing Icom products. Often these products will have a different model number from what is listed on our website. This is because those radios have been sourced outside of New Zealand and hence are not "NZ TYPE APPROVED" by Radio Spectrum Management, a division of the Ministry of Economic Development. It is ILLEGAL TO OPERATE non type approved aviation, marine and land-mobile radios in New Zealand .If you believe someone is selling ICOM radios that are not type approved or you are unsure about your own radio please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +64 9 274 4062 (outside Auckland: free phone 0800 744 062)
GENUINE ICOM PRODUCTS
Learn how to recognise genuine vs counterfeit products by clicking on the link below!