Innovation And Mobility Taken To The Next Level
Intuitive Touch Screen Operation
Qwerty keyboard example intuitive touch screen interface provides quick and smooth operation. The large 5.5 inch display (320×128 pixels) responds naturally to the touch allowing you to change settings, enter frequencies, edit memory channels with ease.
Vehicle installation example
(Using optional MBF-1 mount base and MBA-2 controller bracket)
The ID-5100A can receive both FM/FM and FM/DV mode signals simultaneously. Two DV mode signals can be monitored for receive on either channel. You can check other repeaters or other channel activities while waiting for the main repeater.
* Main band audio has priority, if two DV signals come in at the same time.
Integrated GPS Receiver
Received position information exampleThe ID-5100A has an integrated GPS receiver in the controller and shows own position, course, speed and altitude on the display. The GPS position information can be used for exchanging position reports, tracing the GPS log and searching for nearby repeater sites.
DV/FM Repeater List Function
The DV/FM repeater list function assists you accessing nearby repeaters, even in areas you are visiting for the first time. The function searches for a nearby repeater using the repeater memories with the GPS position information.
* To use the automatic repeater list function, the position data of the repeater is required. The ID-5100A will be shipped with a limited number of repeater memories preprogrammed.
Dplus Reflector Linking
Reflector commands examples plus reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy reflector operation. Use Reflector, link/unlink to Reflector, echo test and repeater information commands are selectable.
SD Card Slot For Voice And Data Storage
When used with an SD card, the SD card can store various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data. Memory channels, repeater memories and other personal settings can be saved to the SD card and can be loaded to the transceiver.
VS-3 Bluetooth® Headset
The optional Bluetooth® headset, VS-3 provides hands-free communication and can remotely control the ID-5100A with three programmable buttons. Providing you with convenient communication in a vehicle.
* Optional UT-133/A Bluetooth® unit must be installed in the ID-5100A.
Bluetooth® application image
Bluetooth® headset, VS-3 (option)
Bluetooth® unit, UT-133/A (option)
RS-MS1A Android™ Application (Free Download Application From Google Play™)
©2014 Google - Map data
Repeater map example
DR function setting example RS-MS1A allows you wirelessly connect the ID-5100A and remotely set DR functions, link with a map application and send/receive messages over the DV mode. In addition, pictures taken by the Android™ device can be transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode or DV mode.
* Either optional UT-133/A Bluetooth®unit or OPC-2350LU Data cable is required.
* Some functions may not work properly, depending on Android™ phones and devices used.
DV Fast Data Mode*
By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-5100A can transfer data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice).
* The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication.
Steps to send a picture over the DV Fast Data mode
Optional Active Noise Canceling Microphone
The optional active noise canceling microphone HM-209 can automatically reduce noise in extremely noisy environments and assist in transmitting clear and accurate audio.
- Enhanced D-PRS functions with object, position, items and weather formats
- Convenient memory contents management using CSV format
- Speech function announces operating frequency, mode and received callsign (DV mode)
- Independent main, volume and SQL knobs for A/B bands
- AM airband dualwatch
- CS-5100, programming software supplied
- 50W output power on both VHF and UHF bands
- Weather channel with weather alert function (USA version only)
- Auto repeater function (USA version only)
- 1500 (50 groups) Repeater list entries
- 300 call sign memories
- 300 GPS memories
- Split tone functions in the analog mode
- Hand microphone, HM-207
- DC power cable, OPC-1132
- Controller cable, OPC-837 (3.5 m; 11.4 ft)
- Controller bracket, MBA-2
- Microphone hanger
- CD (CS-5100 and instruction handbook PDF)
- Spare fuse
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Icom Inc. is under license.